This indicates an overheat condition. Having an onboard battery is a perk, but we do have to protect that battery. When that compartment is warmed beyond the allowable functional temperature of the battery, the software shuts down current in and out. If a Li-ion battery charges or discharges when too hot, it can permanently damage the battery. It will function normally when it cools. You can mitigate overheating by placing the panel in a spot with good airflow and/or on green grass.
Articles In This Section
- Why are all 4 LEDs on my panel flashing then pausing, then flashing again?
- SolarPanel 5+ Product Guide
- How do I clean my SolarPanel?
- I placed my SolarPanel on my car's dashboard to capture sun, bit its not generating power.
- Can the SolarPanel 5+ be daisy-chained?
- How big is the battery inside the SolarPanel 5+?
- What is the difference between the SolarPanel 5+ and 10+?